The United States Department of Agriculture invites FPC members to a seminar:
9:30am for 10.00am start on Thursday 9th June, 2011, at the American Embassy for a 3-hour seminar designed to get you up to speed with the latest trends in the UK marketplace.
Ed Garner of Kantar WorldPanel will highlight the current strengths and weaknesses of the major retailers, and Catherine Pazderka of the British Retail Consortium will be talk about what the supermarkets are looking for with regard to the sustainability credentials of your product.
It’s also an opportunity to reconnect with the USDA London office, and network with fellow importers of U.S. products. Is it tough trading conditions out there? Are there market niches that you’d like help with to fill with U.S. product? USDA also wants to hear from you on the day on how your U.S. products are faring in the UK marketplace and understand where they may be able to assist you.
AGENDA - UK Retail – Opportunities and Challenges for U.S. products
- Registration and Coffee
- Opening statement and introductory remarks from Daryl Brehm, Counselor for Agricultural Affairs, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Presentation on UK Grocery market/trends from Edward Garner, Communications Director, Kantar WorldPanel.
- Presentation on Sustainability and what the UK retailers are looking for from Catherine Pazderka, Sustainability Policy Advisor, British Retail Consortium.
- Questions and Answers for Ed and Catherine.
- Overview of USDA Tradelead System – How we can help source products for you from the U.S.
- Questions and Answers for USDA
- Light Lunch and Networking session
The event should finish around 1.00pm.
This seminar will be of interest to anyone working within the UK retail grocery sector.
It is hoped to also have a speaker from the United States talk about the US grocery market. If this is confirmed, it will lengthen the program by one hour.
Venue: U.S. Embassy, 24 Grosvenor Square, London, W1A 1AE (nearest tube: Bond Street).
RSVP: Essential for security access! No later than Wednesday June 1. Reply to Julie.email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 020 7894 0040.
Invitation: Transferable to colleagues and extendable to other contacts, but please provide names in advance as substitutes will not be possible on the day. If there is a possibility that someone may come, please provide their name, as numbers are not limited.
Security: Please bring photo ID such as driving licence or passport. Mobile phones, memory sticks and other electronic devices will be checked in cloakroom-style. Please do not bring laptops, if at all possible. Allow 20 minutes to clear security.